Laboratory disc mill
for fast, loss-free and reproducible fine comminution and homogenization of samples
Sample preparation in a laboratory disc mill has been a tried and tested method for decades, especially in the fields of geology, mineralogy, metallurgy, the glass/ceramics industry, the construction materials industry, soil/plan analysis and power plants.
The laboratory disc mill enables fast, loss-free and reproducible fine comminution and homogenization of the samples.
The grinding barrels can hold sample batches of 10 – 1000 cm³ and grind and homogenize the sample material to final finenesses of up to < 40 μm*1) in a single step.
Sample preparation with a laboratory disc mill is thus the ideal prerequisite for subsequent analysis using X-ray spectrometers, regardless of whether pressed tablets or melt tablets are produced from the ground samples.
*1) The fineness achievable depends on the sample material, the grinding barrel, and the mill settings.
Operational behaviour and mechanical characteristics
The grinding tools (stones/rings) in the grinding barrel are set into a rolling impact motion by means of a circular oscillation. This motion achieves very high forces, which rapidly result in fine comminution to
On the TS models the machine switches itself off automatically on expiry of the time preset on the keypad and the milling unit can be removed. This ensures a high degree of reproducibility in sample perparation.
The vibrating-disc mill is manufactured in two different versions, the T and the TS model. The TS version is a ready-to-connect machine, including control system and noise suppression in the sheet-steel housing, for installation in the laboratory. The T model is the low-price version without control system and noise-suppressed housing.
The laboratory disc mill is available in different designs:
- with manual or pneumatic closing device
- in sound-insulated housing (TS design) or also free-standing (T design)
- in fully automatic versions, where the grinding barrel remains in the machine and only sample loading and removal is performed from outside.
- integrated in an automatic milling and pressing system (AMP), which – in a
single device – combines all processes from pre-crushing dividing, fine grinding, and compression of the powder into a tablet.
|Laboratory disc mill||T 750||T 1000||TS 1200||TS 1200-P
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||mm||530 x 600 x 530||770 x 1167 x 595||
|Connection||400 V, 3/N/PE, 50 Hz||230 V, 1/N/PE, 50 Hz
|We reserve the right for technical changes.
|Grinding material||Usable volume cm3|| || ||
|chrome steel, 60 HRC||10 50 100 250 500 1000 cont.||
|wolfram carbide||10 20 50 100 250 cont.||
|zirconium oxide||100 250||
Innovative app control
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Variable speed in the range 700 – 1200 rpm
- Variable grinding duration
- Accessing the operating instructions
- Direct spare parts inquiry
- Sample/machine data exportable in csv format
- Update-friendly app and firmware
Closed, sound-insulated housing
Optional pneumatic closing device
Space under the mill for lift truck
Drive system with brake
- allows immediate opening of the housing flap